October 28, 2011

Calendar Girls - October

I am so excited to have had the opportunity to host the month of October for the Calendar Girls!   The Calendar Girls are so creative, I cannot wait to see the results of the challenge.   Please be sure to check out their posts too!  Their blog links are on the right sidebar of this post.

I know not super-d-duper creative, but I wanted to see what type of Halloween cards my peeps could create!   I love me some DP, so wanted to see some of that.   I like layers, so have to do some of those.  Embellies, yes!   The other stipulation was for one of the embellies to be glitter.   This was especially for my Glitta Soul Sistah - aka Carol.  She did not disappoint by the way!  I am still a little glitter novice, so I stick to Stickles!

I had been at a craft store and saw some DP that was just fab and had purple as one of the colors.   That DP gave me the idea to have purple included in the card challenge.   Silly me, I did not buy that paper.   I went back after I formulated the card in my head and yep, IT WAS GONE.   No other purple paper to be found.   Um, did they not know that I said it had to have purple???  Now what?   I went everywhere.  No friggin' {notice it is not cute purple paper any longer, but friggin' paper} purple DP.   I finally found a piece of purple DP at a scrapbook store at the beach this weekend.  Who knew I would have to travel hundreds of miles to find paper?  Let it be said we do not want any purple Halloween DP in the Northwest!  .....whatever!

The other element to the challenge is your favorite candy for Halloween.  While I like candy, I am not sure what my favorite is.  Sometimes it is chocolate, but a lot of the times I like Starburst, Skittles ....oooh and Smarties.   We used to think they made you smarter when we were little kids.  We are not huge into the Halloween thing, but love to see the cute kids in costume.  We have friends and family over each year and I make chili for dinner.  Neighbors stop by and it is a fun time to catch up with everyone before the holiday season.

Here is the card that I came up with at the eleventh hour last night.  Gosh, I hate being last minute!  It is not the original idea, but met my own challenge!!!   LOL 

Have a great Halloween!


10 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) A•Muse Consultant #1065 said...

Tami, your card is PURPLE... and purty, too!!! What a fun layout and that witches hat is awesome!!! Great card........... even with a change in papers/plans!

I think those smarties must have made you smarter!!!

Terry said...

Cute card Tami! I love your 2nd choice DP too, it has a very cool pattern.

I too like Starburst, Skittles and Smarties....I never thought they would make me smarter though. I guess I didn't eat enough!

Thanks for a fun challenge Miss October!! Love it!!!

Carol W said...

Oh my Tami...this is BOOTIFUL....I love your card and it is so dog gone striking...you rocked this challenge..,.I love the glitter on the witches hat perfect accent...the dsp is also perfect for this card...you do great work my friend...I love your cards...(BTW...watch your mailbox....something is on it's way)...heehee....♥♥♥ (Thanks for the addition of glitter I really had fun with it..)

~Paola~ said...

holeeee halloween...if Carool is the Glitter Quen you are definetly the queen of classic and elegant cards!!Sometimes 'less' is 'more'...and this is definetly one of those time...Well executed (and elegant!) Halloween card Tami...I LOVEEEEEE the beautiful DP U chose and look at all those layers!! *great card...*TFS and for the FUN challenge!*

April said...

WOWZERS, this is fan-tabulous!

I love how elegant this card is!! Great use of the elements!

I sure did love your challenge; and am so glad we got this chane to do some virtual trick or treating together!

Barb said...

Tami--what a great challenge you set out for us and it sounds like you were quite challenged yourself!

I really like your card--I love the layout and the color Purple is Perfect! It should be after all of that work................

Thanks for sharing!

Darlene said...

Hi Tami! Love your card, wow, you went to such trouble for the darn purple paper! LOL Thought things like that only happened to me! I really like the accent strip on the right side, pretty cool. You pulled off another GREAT card!

djones said...

Great card. I love the witches hat as the focal point. Great border on the side and I always love me some pearls. Great DP...so hard on you that you had to travel to the beach to find it. LOL!!! Great job. I love me some Smarties!!!

Melina said...

how cute! love the black and purple combo :)

MiamiKel said...

Tami! This is absolutely splendorific!! How did I miss this beauty? I was sure I did rounds on DDD day?! Yikes, sorry my friend! It's darling - love the hat! And the dsp is just spot on! YGG!!!!!!