November 28, 2011

Calendar Girls - November

Christmas!  Really?!?!   This past month just flew by.   So fittingly enough when I use one of my go-to phrases Holy Night, it just does not seem right to say this month.   So Holy Smokes, I cannot believe it is already Christmas!

The Calendar Girls are going to turn it out for you this month and share a Christmas card and a bonus feature.  The feature being a picture of their card making process.   Before I get to the bonus feature, I must regress a bit for explanation.

As you may know, I am fortunate enough to have a group of girls that I make Christmas cards with each year.   We plan our cards very early in the year.  In fact, usually shopping right after Christmas to ensure that we get the best deals on our supplies, as we each make around 80 to 120 cards.

There are five of us.  We are a little crazy.  We rent a house at the beach each year and spend a three day weekend.  We shop, eat seafood, drink wine and make a whole lotta cards.   We do all of this in October, so we are not rushed and it is DUN!

I had not thought of taking a photo of all of our cards.   We are quite the sight.   An average of 500 cards on a dining table.   We have done this for enough years, that we have a pretty smooth system.   Well, except for the year of the pigment ink drying...or the glitter fest....

This year those silly girls made a joke on me.   I had made a comment that one of the girl's pajamas were the same color as her card last year, by accident.  Well, if all the other girls did not have matching pajamas to their cards this year.   It was like crafting with models from a Creating Keepsake photo shoot! 

With that said, my picture is of my completed cards, yes, at home.  I do not know what I was thinking with nine layers (two inside), one snowflake and rhinestone to boot!  The photos do not show well, but the shimmer paper is really pretty.

I do hope that you have time to check out all of the Calendar Girls blog posts.  Their blog links are on the right sidebar under Calendar Girls.

Hoping you have a great Holiday Season!





11 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) A•Muse Consultant #1065 said...

Tami, your card is absolutely gorgeous! I can't really see the shimmer, so I'm sure they are ravishing in person. The colorscheme and all those layers are lovely!

I wish you WOULD take pictures of the cardmaking weekend, I'd love to see them!

Terry said...

Yep....what were you thinking with 9 layers?? I am kidding...it is a GREAT card Tami! Love the colors, the image and the layers!! I see you even Cuttlebugged a layer :-)

So, where's the picture of your workspace??? I know you didn't take a pic at the cabin, but you do craft at home, right???

Great job....and big holiday hugs to you!!

April said...

Fantastic card design, Tami! I love your multitude of layers! And the colors are splendid!

I'm with Terry - where is your workroom??

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness my glittah soul sister....I love, love, love your card. I can see the shimmer and I think your card is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! wow, wow, wow...(you do Christmas right!!!). I would love to have a group like yours that rents a cabin and stamps/parties/eats/chats/stamps.....for 3 days...what fun...great job my friend....♥

MiamiKel said...

Holy Canoli that is a lotta cards!! And sooo beautiful at that - such a stunning color of blue! What a great design and love that vintage Santa - he's a looker!

What a fun time to rent out a beach house with da girls and have a girly girl weekend - bravo!!

Barb said...

WOW--love the card and the layers are outstanding! Such a pretty card to receive.

And, I too want to see your craft space!

~Paola~ said...

oh wowwwwww...LOTS of cards indeed!! Hats off to ya Tami for having al that accomplished in such timely fashion! Beautiful and elegant cards...I love your color choices...very classy!
and yes...WHERE are the rest of gthe pictures eh?? lOL

Melina said...

Tami! How did I miss that you are a crazy woman that rents a house for 3 days to make Christmas cards?! WOW! I want to be crazy with you! hahahaha
I would love to see pics of those weekends!
Your card is gorgeous! I love the image and the way you designed the card :)

djones said...

Beautiful! I love the colors and the image. Well done!

djones said...

Beautiful! I love the colors and the image. Well done!

Darlene said...

Such a richly beautiful card! Love the shimmer, textures and the layers! Comes together very well creating an amazing card. Your weekend sounds so very fun!