December 31, 2011

Calendar Girls - December

I do hope that you all enjoyed your Christmas holiday.   It is New Year's Eve.   I can hardly believe that 2012 is THIS weekend!

I have to apologize for the delay in my posting for this round of the Calendar Girls.   It has been such a crazy week.   Our elderly neighbor and then my nephew, had medical issues.  After many, many tests everyone is, I am happy to report, okay at this time.   Now for some rest!   LOL

My card has been completed, just needing this blog post to be done.   So glad that the card portion was done, as there would not have been much crafting time.  

Our challenge this round was to have a secret word given to us as the theme for our card.  I received my word from, Paola.  The word was a challenge for me, as I am not into lace, as in lacey is the secret word!  Oh my word!!!

I put on my lacey thinking cap and remembered that I had a lacey looking stamp set from Stampin' UP! that was like circa 1999!   I used that set.  It might be the second time I have inked it up!  I did have to purchase a piece of lace - can you believe I did not even have any?!

Well, the gem of the card is the item that I have been hoarding.   Yep, I have one of the crochet flowers from our Glitta Sistah, Carol!  It's true.  It is even pink!  How much more lacey and girly can I get right now?!  LOL   I feel a pirouette coming on! 

Now, the picture does not seem to depict the colors very well, but you will get the general idea.  The colors not photographed are much more muted.  I do hope that I have done some justice to Paola's secret word.  I do know for sure that Carol's flower rocks!

You have probably already done your blog visiting for the other Calendar Girls, but in case you have not their blogs are listed on the right sidebar.

Have a fun and safe New Year's Eve!  


8 comments:

April said...

Thank goodness that was your word...lol!! I am so non-lacey in my creations! You really rocked your challenge with your vintage tea set, lace and darling (hoarded) crocheted flower! WTG, my friend!!

Darlene said...

Ohhh, very pretty indeed! Lacey, huh? LOL that would have given me pause as well, but you really pulled it off with flair! Love the image and how you colored and tinted everything. Carol's crocheted flowers are gorgeous too (of course)!
Hugs for the New Year!

Michelle said...

Beautiful card! You did a great job for being non-lacey. :D I love the colors too.

djones said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty. I am so proud of you for doing the lacey/girly thing!!! LOL! You did an outstanding job. I love the colors and the image is perfect for the word.

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Tami....I love, love, love this card...you did a brillian job with it...love the lace you used and the coloring on the image and the set TDF....way to go...absolutely love this...and I love being a Calendar Girl with you....so glad we are "glitah" soul sisters and friends...♥♥♥ (p.s. if you are hoarding because you like them...hoard no more...let me know how many you want I have TONS)....Happy New Year my friend...

Terry said...

Tami....very girly for you and very pretty! You did a wonderful job on your creation ☺

That was a tough word to have....but I would have been OK since I have a very large stash of lace from my MIL when she moved. I don't even know why I keep it since it doesn't get used!

Great job once again!!

~Paola~ said...

holeeee cannoli!!:o)
This is a wonderful LACEY card indeed and I would have NEVAHHH guessed you are not a 'lacey kind of girl'...lol
Beautiful victorian tea image colored to perfection too...love your choices of such rich color combos and your dried embossed background as well to give your cat=rd some texture.
Gorgeus LACEY cards for sure,and-of course- Carol's perfect lil crotched flower fits perfecty in such surroundings!You rocked this challenge!
So glad we're both part of the CG! **muwahhhh* ♥

Barb said...

What a great card--I am so lucky that was not my word! You rocked this challenge and I am so glad to be a part of this fun group with you!