January 28, 2012

Calendar Girls - January

Hello!

I am so being forced by challenges getting into my inner foof!  Can you even believe it?!   Much to my surprise in our last monthly challenge my secret word was 'lacey'.   Well, that brought me to a tea cup stamp and I used *gasp* lace.   I had only inked the stamp set like twice before.  I got past that challenge.  Sigh....inner foof challenge ovah!

Our January challenge came.  It was a really fun theme!  It was to go back through our previous Calendar Girl 2011 cards and use one of the images again and re-work the card.  The new card needs to be totally different than the first card.   I go tearing to my pictures and look.....uh oh.   What the heck?!  With the given challenges in the past I either used no image, or an image that I received in an image swap - yeah, that I do not have any more of.   Guess what that left?!  THE TEA CUP STAMP!!! {insert laughter}

So here it is, in all it's glory....the tea cup stamp re-worked.   I had visions of blue for the card.   I found oddly enough, that I do not have very many blue crafting items.   I am on a 'try not to buy any more DP and use what you have' theme right now.  I admit, I did pick up the DP at Joann's this past week [6 for $.96 is hard to pass up!] as I did not have anything blue that was not geometric.

I wanted to try another idea out.  It does not show well on the card, but I stamped the image on glossy photo paper.  I used Memento ink and let it dry awhile.   It worked and did not smudge.  I sponged a little SU ink on the image to tone the white down.  I was afraid that the SU ink would smudge, as it is not pigment ink, but it seemed to do well after letting it dry.  It gave the image a different look in person.  Almost a bit like it was cut out of something and not stamped and that was not what I had envisioned particularly for this card, but good to know for the future!

Here are both cards.  I do wish that the original 'lacey' card has photoed better.  The colors look harsh in this picture.  They were much more muted on the card itself....and you get to enjoy the flower that Carol made again.

Long live the tea set stamp!



11 comments:

~Paola~ said...

oh myyyyy!! Tami,aka Lacey gUrl...lol...this new take is precioussssssssss.I absolutly LOVE IT!! so rich and of 'old England' style...I can picture lazy afternoon breezingly spent sipping a warm,nice cup 'o tea.
Of course I absolutly love your 'old' version still...but, admittedly,I adore your new take on the challenge...It's STUNNING!♥ the blue is so rich and elegant and brings forth the beauty of such image...and what to say about your gorgeous d/p and ribbon statement? triple WOW!!!So glad we're in CG together ♥

April said...

I really like it in blue.....I love monochromatic!

I was in the same boat with owning the immie/stamp I used on a card....

I think both cards are great ~ love your inner foofiness!!

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Tami. I am loving this card...I loved the first on but this is a stunner...(I'm thinking the color just makes the whole card sing..look at me...look at me...I'm awesome..). Now my sweet friend it sounds like you may be picking up a new handle (Lacey), but we both know deep down we are glittah sistahs forever...lol...I love the ribbon treatment in the corner and the dsp is wonderful...Great job my friend...I am so glad we are Calendar girls together and friends as well.....♥

Barb said...

Tami--your newest creations just is so pretty! I too love the colors and that image is so sweet!

Thanks for being a friend and a special part of the calendar girls!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) A•Muse Consultant #1065 said...

WOW! wow! WOW!!! Tami, this blue card is absolutely gorgeous! That tea image was made to be blue, I'm sure of it, because it is stunning! And I love how you tried a new stamping idea and found that it worked the way you envisioned it. Tha's amazing!

Thank you so much for embracing this challenging assignment. You definitely succeeded!!!

I'm so glad you're a Calendar Girl!

djones said...

Your card is gorgeous! You outdid yourself...and at the last minute, so crafty you are!! I love the blue color and that ribbon in the corner is wonderful.

Terry said...

Great card Tami! Love the shades of blue you used! The ribbon and flower are perfect ☺

Thank you for being a part of this awesome group!!

MiamiKel said...

Tea Schmea!! Bring on the JAVA!! Oh wait, I'm supposed to be saying nice things ....... :) :) Hee hee!!
YOu know I love ya, girl! And your card! Gahhhh! I actually do love tea, too - mum is from England. Hello! And this reminds me so much of her precious china - her Wedgeford! The papers are fantastic, great lil tea stamp set - this is so versatile - bday, mums day, the sky is the limit! both cards are perfect!
Hugs to you! x0x0

Michelle said...

Beautiful card! I love teacups, the blues are stunning. Both cards are, but I am partial to blue. Awesome job!

Darlene said...

Oh my word, Tami. This is just lovely! I really like the ribbon treatment in the upper corner, and I just LOVE the China blue. This card is really a knock out.

Melissa said...

Both cards are fantastic but I must say I like the blue best.