January 15, 2012

Dueling Darlings - January

Darlings, hello!   What a great kit we had to work with this January, thank you Joan.   Our theme was 'the little things'.  

Part of our challenge was to tell what our first thought was when we heard 'the little things'.   I immediately thought of the little things that make things better.  Let's see if I can give you some recent examples.......

~ You are in a hurry and think you have to go get gas for the car before you leave and then you find you did not know what the heck you were thinking, you have plenty of gas and now are ahead of schedule.

~ You are going about your day putting away your food treasures from Costco and there is a knock at the door and it is your favorite six year old and wants to play a game with you.  You shove all perishables in the refrigerator, get on the floor and play Old Maid.

~ You get a text message that makes you smile.   Better yet, you make someone smile that is having a hard time with your reply.

I think you see where I am going with 'the little things'.   I think they make the world go 'round.  Heck, Apple was a little thing that started in a garage.  You never know what can happen!

I loved the colors and the little gems that Joan sent to us.   Here is the card that I created today with her vision in mind:


I do hope that you can visit the other Dueling Darlings to see their 'little' creations.  Their blogs are located on the right sidebar.

Have a great day and enjoy the little things you encounter today!

Card entered in the following challenge(s):   Catch The Bug Challenge Blog, Stamptacular Sunday Challenge , The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge

18 comments:

djones said...

Your card is darling! I love the colors and the layout. Great pocket on the front. And I love th images inside the red flowers. It's a beautiful.

April said...

You rocked this!! I love how you put it together....and personalizing that journaling plate was a fantastic idea!!

Woot woot!

Melina said...

Love, love the pocket and your list! Great colors! Way to go!!!! :)

Carol W said...

Wow, well worth the wait..love how you used the happiness card and the circle wire..(I so have trouble with those). The fresh from the garden is the best accent and love how you have mounted the images in the circles on what looks like flowers for a background...wonderful card my friend...great job....♥(I love your little things...so precious)...

Darlene said...

This is a beauty, Tami! Love those colors together, so very rich and earthy and the shape you used to mount the little images is eye-catching! The pocket card is a great one for this theme, just pull out the little list/bookmark and you're good to go! You really scored on this month's challenge. And I completely agree on your take of "It's the Little Things"!

Terry said...

Wow Tami....your card is awesome! I love the colors you used and the layout too! Your list is great and I love the pocket it tucks into! You did a great job with the kit!

Thank you for being a darling! I really look forward to seeing your creations every month!

Barb said...

Outstanding! First, your post sure put a smile on my face. And, then the card is so sweet. Love the design and layout--Pocket cards are one of my favorite type of card.

Thanks so much for being a part of this wonderful group of ladies!

MiamiKel said...

LOVE!!! What a beautifully executed card! This Is prefect in style and layout and I love the card you had to work with!! Your sweet words of little things made me smile :) hugs to you dear friend!!

MiamiKel said...

LOVE!!! What a beautifully executed card! This Is prefect in style and layout and I love the card you had to work with!! Your sweet words of little things made me smile :) hugs to you dear friend!!

downrightcrafty said...

oh a great take on this weeks theme at the Secret Crafter Saturday challenge with this lovely creation, thank you for joining us this week.
Hugs Kate xx
PS I have candy if you are interested :)

Suzanne said...

lovely card thank you for joining us at stamptacular this week

Sammibug said...

Awesome card! Love it! Cool layout!
Thank you for celebrating our 2nd Birthday with us by sharing your creation in our “In 2’s” mini challenge at Catch The Bug! We hope you’ll join us every day for a new one! ~~Sammibug,~~ Guest Designer For Bugaboo Stamps.

Michelle B. said...

Love how you wrote on the card, great way to personalize! Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men!

~Paola~ said...

whoahhhh...I almost missed this beauty!! what an awesome take on the challenge this month...LOVE the pocket card and your gorgeous tag...woww...very impressive and...yes..somewhat vintage looking too :o)
Well done miss Tami!♥

Winnie said...

Beautyful card, love the colors, thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week

Hugs Winnie

Francesca said...

Brilliant card
Thanks for joining us for our Anything goes with blue challenge at
Secret crafter Saturday challenge

Hugs
Francesca

P.S I have some valentines candy on my blog if you are interested

Tammy Miller said...

What a darling card thanks so much for joining us for our Birthday Bash this week at CTB!

Becky G said...

That is one super sweet card creation! Thanks for celebrating with us at Catch The Bug! I hope you'll join us again!

:) Becky G