January 18, 2012

Mystery Challenge Swap - January

Time for another post for our Mystery Challenge Swap.   The girls at SCS have been busy with our latest challenge.  

Where has the time gone?!    Well, I know where my time has gone.   It was trying to figure out how to fix a big mess I created on this challenge!  Oh my, it was a hot mess to say the least.  

We were gifted a beautiful D. Morgan stamp from Darlene.   The scene was perfectly nestled inside a picture frame.   I thought I would use that damn Tim Holtz Distressed Paint on the frames.   That would be cool beans.   A crackled paint look.   I had used it before on another project in a light color.   I had some brown paint that would seemingly work perfectly.  

Oh. My. Hell.   What a brown, non cracking mess.   If you have not used the product prior, you paint it fairly thick and have to wait hours for it to dry.   Well, let's just say that it did not work.  It looked like a puddle of mud, and not the group!  So of course I had to listed to Puddle of Mudd for the duration of making the card.

I did have to modify the image, but tried to replicate it as much as possible.   The sentiment is the same and there is a picture frame.   I do hope I did not hack it too terribly!  Here is my modified version of the Mystery Challenge:


I am really looking forward to seeing how everyone interpreted the image and how to color it.  What a fun swap this round.  Thanks, Darlene!


   

7 comments:

April said...

Tami, I see absolutely nothing wrong with this stunning rendition of this bee-u-tee-ful D Morgan stamp!!

I personally am pleased at how you persevered ~ I would have begged for more immies after I finished crying in my puddle o' mud!

Melina said...

I LOVE how you "had" to change the frame! Gorgeous card :)

~Paola~ said...

lovely card on white embossed background and stunning black accents....I'd say U came through pretty darn good....don't be so hard on yourself...from what I can see, the day was saved wonderfully! ♥

Terry said...

Oh Tami.....the card is great! You did a wonderful job in creating a new frame! I for one am not disappointed!!

Awesome job ☺

Barb said...

I too think the frame looks great! And, I really like how you did the sentiment.

Great Job my Friend!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) A•Muse Consultant #1065 said...

Tami, this is BEAUTIFUL! I love the soft colors in your image... makes me think of dusk when everything has such a soft look! Stunning!

Carol W said...

Oh my Tami....for thinking you messed this up...hmmmm...I think it is beautiful..I love the soft coloring on the image, the embossing on the background and your frame looks great...love, love love this card...Well done my friend...