February 15, 2012

Dueling Darlings - February

The Duel is on!  Here we are again.   Back with some luv for ya!  The Dueling Darlings are working with some pretty cute stuff this month.   Carol, is our hostess.   The kit she provided had so many cute things!

Topping off the list is that our image is from Mo Manning!  In case the cyber police are out there, Carol did obtain permission to gift us the images. Since the theme is all about luv, we have the image Young Love.

I had all of these seemingly great ideas on what to do with this one.   My end result is totally different than I had envisioned!   I swear I am always a Nestie layer too short.   What is up with that?!  Also lately my images have been too large for the Nesties that I have.   For Pete's sake!  My coloring went in a whole different direction too....oh well.

I am sure that you are tired of hearing me say this, but really it is mostly to reinforce the idea to myself, I am looking through my stash to see what I have for each project and what would possibly work, before any new purchases.  I did the same for this duel.  I promptly found a stamp that I had mounted and never inked from Stampin' UP! to use for the sentiment.  Are you ready for this?  Yep, circa 2003!   Holy night!!!  That's EIGHT years ago.  I used the Fun Phrases sentiment Husband, Wife...Happy Life! on the interior of the card.  What a blast from the past!

I did use one extra embellishment that was not included in the kit (pink flower), but thought about it and I actually received it prior from...Carol, I think!  So, I thought that would kit count for sure!!!  Speaking of Carol, do you know her?  Yes, she is the one that hand made ribbon flowers for our kit - 'just made them up' she said!  Like I could even do that. I had to hoard them.  Here is my luv card:



Our extra portion of the challenge is to share if we are doing anything special for Valentine's Day.  DH and I were kinda the boring couple this year.   He had to travel out of town.  I will say that I am a way happy camper with the THREE boxes of Sweehearts he brought me yesterday morning.  I never eat them, so should be pretty much in a sugar coma by this evening.  They are so wrong, but so right.   Oh and no knock-off Sweethearts.  They just don't taste the same.  They have to be the Necco ones!  I know, there is a good chance there is something wrong with me!   LOL

Please check in on the other Dueling Darlings. Their creations will be posted to their blogs as well. Their blog links are on the right sidebar.


Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

13 comments:

April said...

Such a sweet card!

Just made the flowers up....I am so jealous!!

You certainly rocked this duel....glad to be in this monthly challenge with you!

Melina said...

very cute girl! I love that you have stamps unmounted/unused from 8 years ago! Carol sent some wonderful papers in the Divas kit. :)

MiamiKel said...

Tami -- ::: how many fingers am I holding up? Three? Correct! You are good to go on the boxes of sweethearts! ::: :) Your card is da bomb!! I LOVE the sunset background you created for this young thang couple! Too creative!! And would you believe I had the doily originally in the exact same place with a super similiar layout, lol! I'm glad I changed it at the last minute so we can showcase your beauty in a spotlight!! Fabby!!!

*Blessings! x0x0

Barb said...

Tami--what a cute card. I love how you made the card look like a pretty sunset--great colors!

I love how you added the doily and I think the sentiment on the inside is just perfect!

Love the story about the candy too.........

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) A•Muse Consultant #1065 said...

Tee Hee!

Your post has me giggling - not the quiet snickers that oh-so-dainty women have! Oh no... these are big ol' belly laughs! I think yo are hilarious and have such fun tales to tell!

Your card is so sweet! I love the way you colored the couple! They are just perfect and so is your card!

Now......... one more thing.... hand over those chocolates and NO ONE will get hurt!

Michelle said...

Sweet card, Tami! Love how you put it together. Your coloring is awesome!

You are funny! Love those Necco candies too.

Judy McMullen said...

Fantastic card, Tami! What a beautiful scene you created with this adorable Mo Manning image. The colors are awesome! The layers of the delicious d.p are a great design element. Love how you used the doily edged die cut, the ribbon and heart rhinestones and the special touch of the pink rose. Great job!

Carol W said...

To quote my glittah sistah..."HOLY NIGHT" you rocked this one my sweet friend...(who may be in a sugar coma as I type..lol)...I love the sunset background so perfect to tie into "Old/young" love. Don't they look perfectly blissful? Great job on the layout...so nice and crisp...it really accents and highlights the image..you are so funny...I love reading your posts...and great sentiment for the inside of your card...Well done my sparkly friend, well done...I am so very glad you are one of the DDD's...and even more happy you are my friend....

Terry said...

Hehehehe....cyber police!!! They won't get you this time ☺

I love your card....I really do! I love all of the layers and the colors you used!

Great job all around!!

For the record Necco Sweethearts = yucko. I don't like them.....they are all yours!!

See ya in the next duel ☺

♥♥♥♥

Jamie Sanchez said...

Beautiful card Tami...just love the paper and the doily is to die for.

djones said...

I love your card and your post. You are always cracking me up. Your card is sweet. I love the three little hearts in the corner and the doily in the other corner. And look at you, finding flowers from a previous Carol kit, aren't you just the bomb!!! Love it! Enjoy your Sweethearts from your sweetheart!!

Darlene said...

Tami, I totally love how you layered this card, simply and elegantly! Shows off your incredibly skill at coloring. That adorable Mo image, love the background coloring you did! And the soft colors on the ground beneath their feet!
LOL about the Sweetheart candies! Ewwwww, you can have mine. Enjoy!

~Paola~ said...

Oh myyyy! this card is DA bomb...
so soooo lovely indeed...
I truly LOVE how creatively elegant your style is...and this awesome card is another testimonial of your talent ♥
Gorgeous through and through and colored to perfection!!!