May 28, 2011

Calendar Girls - May

Oh did the Calendar Girls have fun this month.   Well, after a quick panic first!  Barb, was our Miss May hostess.  She gave hints as to skin, showing ours, bathing suits, shapes, holy night!!!!   All is good!  I do not have to pose in a bathing suit or anything of the like.  

Actually, we are challenged to use a shape or type of fancy fold that we have not used much or at all.   I know I am like waaaayyyy behind the times, but have only made one gate fold card evah and that was last month.   So, I decided to try it again.   I really like the fold and it lends a different type of card.

Our friend's son asked for a card for his girlfriend's birthday.  He asked for a music theme and said she likes purple.  Okay.   So here is my Calendar Girl card and in turn, will be her birthday card. I hope that she likes it!

Have a great day!

12 comments:

Lauren said...

Gorgeous card, love the gatefold. love the colours and inside the card.

Terry Ladwig said...

I love it Tami! Great choice of layout and colors! Adorable ☺

I'm sure the young lady receiving this card will love it too!!

Carol W said...

Oh my stars a shakin' you nailed this one Tami. What a great card and love your image and coloring. You rock. I love how you used the music dsp (I want to use mine but have been extremely challenged in figuring it out...should have just called you!). I am sure your friends son is going to love this as well as his girlfriend...He's going to get extra brownie points with this...hmmmm...maybe he could go and con someone into making some star frosted cookies for you as payment...lol....This is an outstanding card...well done my friend....♥♥♥

~Paola~ said...

what a gorgeous card!! love everything about it, from the flaweless coloring and color choice, the dry embossed panels and those supah nesties layered upon each others (now U got me hooked on those...must put them on my list! lol) Quite an AWESOME card indeed!!:o)

~Paola~ said...

what a gorgeous card!! love everything about it, from the flaweless coloring and color choice, the dry embossed panels and those supah nesties layered upon each others (now U got me hooked on those...must put them on my list! lol) Quite an AWESOME card indeed!!:o)

Barb said...

Great card Tami--way to rock the challenge. I too love gate foldds and I really like the image. Thanks for a great card this month!

Michelle said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors, and the fold. Way cute!

MiamiKel said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh such sweetness on your blog! Card commission for the girlfriend - now you know you are popular!!! How fun and rresh and totally on targe with the fun fold! What a great image choice, too :) Lovethe inside as well and what a fun blog post, girl - way to rock this challenge (pun intended!) MUAH!!!!! x0x0

April said...

Sweet! I love this fold and haven't used it in forever! That dp is to die fir, btw!

Unknown said...

Lovely card!!! I just love this fold card.. This is looking beautiful and cute. Those color combination is looking cute. I love this cute image. Thanks for this lovely post. outsource web design

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my... this card is too cute! Love the fold and the image is darling! What a great color combination, too. I want to make a gate fold card now. You've inspired me, my friend!

dweatter said...

Oh she is soooo going to love it. It's perfect. Love the way you used the birthday embossing folder. Your coloring of Anya is wonderful! Great job!