January 31, 2013

Crafters of Faith - January

It is a brand new year.  The year 2012 just seemed to whirl by to me.  I like how we choose a day to create new goals, adjust current goals, or just plain scrap the past goals and start anew!

A plus from this whirling by past year, is that I was invited to be a part of the Crafters of Faith group on SCS.   Just like goals, I have enjoyed meeting new friends, am getting to know current friends better and hopefully we won't have to scrap anyone and start anew!  LOL 

I had a goal last year to read through the Bible in a daily format, which I was able to do.  For this year, I have a goal to read through the Bible chronologically in a daily format. 

::  Psalm 119:105 NIV  ::  Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.  ::

We had a crafting challenge from Sharon this month.   We needed to create a card with old and new stash and with a new technique that we have never used.    Oh where to start, I have so much I have not done before!

I went right to the Tutorial portion of SCS.  The first technique listed is something I have never done - yep, I'll do that one!  Triple Stamping.   Okay, old and new stash.  The old part is easy.  The new, not so much!   I am in my 'use what'cha got phase' so not a whole lotta new around here.   The newest thing I had available to use is a stamp set from My Mind's Eye.  That posed it's own issues!   I was envisioning a large stamp to use on the Triple Stamping technique.   I ended up old school stamping with the set in different Memento ink colors.  I used some scrap papers to pull the colors together.  I used a piece of one of my favorite fatty ribbons.  Then finished with some fatty rhinestones I received as a gift.  That would make it a double fatty! 

This time when I was finished the card just said listen to this!   I am still singing it. 


While this project took a turn and turned out totally different than I had envisioned, I do hope that I met the challenge for, Sharon.   Please be sure and stop by to see what the other Crafters of Faith have created.  Their blogs are listed on the right sidebar.

Have a great day!

Card entered in the following challenge:  Make it Monday

18 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Tami, this whole post just made my heart smile! Amazing technique to choose ( have this earmarked, too!) And you embraced it well! Love the color palette and the 'fatty' ribbon :) YOU are the best kind of friend! Thank you for the.joy you bring to the COF, my friend! Love you!

marsha said...

Tami, this turned out gorgeous! I used this technique too (great minds and all that!). Beautiful colors and love how your sentiment echoes your design.
Hugs,
Marsha

Jacquel said...

Beautiful! That's an awesome technique that I haven't tried yet...may have to put it on my list! Excellent work on the challenge Hun!!!!

Liz Williams said...

I may have done this once before but it is not one I have had much practice at. Your card turned out beautiful.It is interesting when things don't turn out just as we think they will.

Melina said...

love, love, love this technique! Great card :)

Barb said...

Tami--another triple layer card--I Love It! I do need to try this technique--I do have printed out the details and will try it yet. I love the colors you used and the layout is perfect!

April said...

A double fatty! LMBO
I still have a big smile on my face....

This is gorgeous! Besides loving the technique, a great set you used to create it!

kadie said...

I agree with Kelly, you always make me smile, Tami!! Another ~~Beautiful~~ card, my friend! hugs, kadie

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tami, what a stunning effect this triple stamping creates! Your card is just beautiful! Lovely colors, too.

Now I'm enjoying listening to the Beatles. ;)

maryrose said...

Tami, this is beautiful! The stamping gives so many layers of color! Great job!

AnnMarie said...

Wow-wow-wow!! This is beautiful!! Great choice of colors and full of wonderful details!! Love it! :)

stamp-color-and create said...

This most definitely meets the requirements, Tami :-D I love it! Great colors, great design, great technique! Thanks for playing along.

Carol W said...

You did an amazing job with this card. I love the triple stamping technique. It is so pretty the way you have it laid out on this card as well...you rocked the challenge for sure...♥

marsha said...

Tami, thank you for the lovely comment on my blog! Now girl, your card is way gorgeous!
Hugs and blessings,
Marsha

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Tami, love the design and papers..gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous. Lovely papers and design. I really love that sentiment.I saw you over on MIM and came for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Mandy said...

Beautiful card not a technique I've tried but I love it...Thank you so much for your lovely comment and visit...
Mandy x

Darlene said...

Well, it may have taken a different turn, but just LOOK where it ended up!!! LOL, Simply wonderful! Rich colors, a gorgeous stamped image, lovely layers, the big fatty ribbon! Woo hoo! What a way to rock this round!