March 5, 2013

Twisted Tuesday Challenge - March 5th

I am such a lucky girl!   I was asked to be on the Guest Design Team at Twisted Tuesday Challenge Blog, for the month of March.   Thank you, Melina.

There will be two challenges in the month of March at Twisted Tuesday.  Each challenge lasting two weeks.  Plenty of time for you to join in on the fun!  You can view the challenge, Design Team cards and entries here.

The March 5th challenge is to create something Spring like and the 'twist' is to add something green {either in color or re-purposed}.  

You know that I am in a 'use what 'cha got' phase!  Well, I did and didn't do that.  I needed to create five card kits recently and I did not have enough of what I needed to create them all.   Shopping became a MUST!   LOL   I actually shopped well at a sale that I found at a local craft store.  They featured My Mind's Eye, Teresa Collins Tell Your Story items. I was able to create six....oh the sixth kit is for myself....fairly large card kits, each with eight two sided DP's, coordinating card stock, paper embellishments, and stamped images for under ten dollars!  That includes the cute stamp set too!  Who knew?!  ;)

I pulled out my Stampin' UP! inks in Sage Shadow and Pumpkin Pie.   Wow, that Sage Shadow ink pad was needing a re-ink in a bad way!   Remember, I have the old school ink pads.  Between the marker and the ink pad, I was able to color away. 

The sentiment on this card is from TPC Studio.  The 'hello' made me think of the Tuskegee version of Lionel Richie's song with Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland.  I still cannot believe Lionel pulled off country! 

Here is the card that I created.  I do hope that it meets the challenge.

 
Thanks, for stopping by to take a peek.

Card entered in the following challenge(s):  Make it Monday, Papertake Weekly

10 comments:

Vickie Y said...

Your card is beautiful! Love the shabby/vintage look with the sponged edges! Congrats on being a Twisted Tuesday Challenges Guest Designer!

Melina said...

I love the sponged edges and butterfly Tami! Thanks so much for joining us for the month of March :)

MiamiKel said...

YAY for GDT spots! Amazing card, love the wonderful colors! x0x0

mixamatoasties said...

That's lovely!

Thank you for your comment on my blog, I found you via that and MiM.

Susan x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tami, no wonder you were asked to be the guest designer - this card is GORGEOUS!!! I love the color scheme and wow! So much to feast one's eyes upon. I really like he sponged edges and that dainty butterfly. Awesome job!!!

Patty Gorka said...

So happy for you that you are a guest designer! Melina is a sweetie and you'll love working with her!

Your card is beautiful and I like how you have your sentimend placed!

Rene said...

This is very pretty!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday this week! Don’t forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck and I hope to see you back next week!
Rene ;D

marsha said...

Just gorgeous, what a great take on the shamrock!
Hugs and blessings,
Marsha

Liz Williams said...

Love these pretty papers! REally good job of selecting these that go together so well.

maryrose said...

So pretty! The papers and colors are soft and sweet!