April 1, 2013

Crafters of Faith & Calendar Girls - March

Hello Everyone!   In my being so busy of late, I have missed you all!!!  I do hope you are all doing well and had a wonderful Easter Sunday.

In running around to catch up, I have created another duel card.  I hope you don't mind!  I had cards to create for Crafters of Faith and Calendar Girls on SCS.

Jeanette, gave us a great challenge at the Crafters of Faith.  Our card creation is to be for Easter, but not in the bunny kind of way.   In the true sense.  

I found a great digital sentiment that I had on hand from Create with TLC.  It worked perfectly with an image that I had from Stampin' UP!.  The image is stamped on white vellum and heat embossed for the top layer.  The second layer is stamped on cardstock, then layered with the vellum piece to create a shadow effect.  I attached them with tiny brads.   I also incorporated some SCORING since I kind of failed at that on my COF card last month {LOL}.

You will notice that there is no DP on this card, and that was the challenge that I posed to the Calendar Girls for their creations this month.   I had heard some gasps at this challenge, but I cannot wait to see what they have come up with.  Not really as hard as you might think...come on, give it a try!



In my mantra 'use what'cha got', my ribbon is a recycle, the images were saved from when I was playing with vellum a long time ago and the green scalloped edge was a scrap that was trimmed on another project.   At this rate I should be able to buy something new in twenty years!  LOL

Please be sure and stop by the Crafters of Faith and Calendar Girls blogs.  You will see some serious talent.  Their blog lists are on the right sidebar.

Thanks, for stopping by.  Have a great day!

Card entered in the following challenge(s):  Make it Monday

17 comments:

Darlene said...

TOTALLY. AWESOME.

What else do I need to say?

Luv ya & keep it coming, cuz you rock.

Terry Ladwig said...

Wow Tami, what a pretty card! Love the embossed velum/shadow layer! Velum scares me.

I do absolutely love it ☺

MiamiKel said...

Wowzers!Not only do we not mind a duo/duel, but this was worth the wait! Truly stunning in it's black and white contrasting colors! Fab-u-lous, Tami!

*BLessings!* Love you bunches :)

April said...

Beautiful!
I love the vellum with the card stock shadow! Great idea and great follow thru!!

Jacquel said...

This is beautiful Tami! I love how the colors pop off the white...a truly gorgeous creation! You did an awesome job with the challenge...TFS!!!

Carol W said...

Holy Hanna GF...this is Stunning...I love the look the layout the colors...WOW, WOW, WOW...great job my friend...♥

Barb said...

Tami--this card is wonderful. I love the contrast of the colors and the vellum is so pretty!

dweatter said...

Simply beautiful!! Love your image and sentiment. This card is so pretty it doesn't need designer paper. Great job using recycled items.

Elena V. said...

It's so elegant! I love it! Saw it on MIM.

lalkygirl said...

What a stunning creation ,love the colours you have chosen...it is beautiful
Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
Tracey x

marsha said...

Absolutely stunning! I love your technique and gorgeous colors.
Hugs,
Marsha

nnalorac said...

Stunning card,Tami love your technique and gorgeous design. Popped over from MIM. Carolxx

Melina said...

Oh I love the shine on your card and the sentiment is wonderful :)

Darlene said...

STUNNING!!! Wow-oh-wow. Where do I begin?
The image
The embossing
The colors
The sentiment
The vellum & shadow technique
...everything here is a masterpiece. I am in awe!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Tami... WOW! What a beautiful card! I love everything about it. Very nice!

~Paola~ said...

oh my! HOW did I miss this post???:/
Tami this is a STUNNINGLY amazing card!! LOveeeee your vellum tecnique and I sure like to try it soon! Thank you for inspiring me with your uber card....You're sooo talented!♥

kadie said...

This is gorgeous, Tami! I love how you stamped the image (and embossed) back and from. That is so genius. And that little touch of green just pops against the black and white. Love this card!