July 15, 2013

Dueling Darlings - July

Shut the front door!  I am on time with the Dueling Darling post.  Yay!!!  

Our July kit came from our hostess, Barb.   I know I say this every month, but wow, there was so much to work with in that kit!  Thank you, Barb. 

Our duel this month is themed Cool Creations.   We have an adorable image from Whipper Snapper Designs.  It is Haagen Daz Bear.  He is so very cute!

We were asked what our favorite summer treat is.  When it is summertime I enjoy all of the seasonal fruit we have to choose from.  Oh okay, and a little ice cream!  I am totally picky on what brand and flavor - I know, you are shocked!  LOL

I tried to use as many embellishments as I could from the kit for this card.  I even got my 'inner use a button' on!  Kelly, would be proud.

For my 'use what'cha got' phase, I pulled out some pretty old Stampin' UP! cardstock.  Any of you remember Taken With Teal?  This is probably an original package!  What, aren't they referring to that as vintage now?!   LOL   I have a lot of white cardstock, so am using that often as a layer.  Again, not as fun as I would like, but gotta work it!


Please view the other Dueling Darlings cards.  Their blog links are on the right sidebar.   Thanks, for stopping by....now go get some ice cream, you know you want some now!!!

 
Card entered in the following challenge(s):  Make it Monday

14 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tami, this card is adorable! I love the layers and layers and layers! WOW! And I see you used your DH's favorite papercrafting too (the bug) to emboss a piece, too. FUN!

I'm so glad we duel it out each month!

Melina said...

love, love, love all the layers! I also giggled when I saw your image! I love how you put it at an angle! too cute with his little speckled cheeks :)

Barb said...

Tami--your card is too cute. Love how you used so much of the kit. I really like the layout and the panels are perfect!

Thanks for the awesome creation that month--and keep eating ice cream!

Carol W said...

YAY Tami, you got some time to play...and you did an amazing job on your card. I love the layout, the colors you used the embellies and your coloring job on Hagen daz...yay for ice cream too...so glad you are a dueler...It is so much fun having you as a friend and fellow dueler...♥

Darlene said...

"Gettin' your inner button on", huh? LOL Tell me how to do that, ok? I am button-challenged.

The first thing I noticed about your card in my blog reader was the teal paper! It really pops those other colors! Nice job coloring the image to coordinate with the other papers too.

Fun card made from a fun kit by a fun friend! A trifecta!

Hugs Darling!

marsha said...

This is so adorable! Your bear is just to cute and I love all your beautiful colors! Inner button? I love all things buttons - use them whenever I can!
Hugs and blessings,
Marsha

MiamiKel said...

Superb!! What a fun l/o Tami, great use of so much of the kit! Fabby coloring as well!

Tickled to be dueling with you as a Diva! =)

loz said...

Hello.. Gorgeous card and image. Popped over from MIM for a look..Loz

dweatter said...

Cute, cute, cute. You know I love layers and all your layers are fabulous.. Great coloring of the image and way to make Kelly proud with the buttons.

dweatter said...

Cute, cute, cute. You know I love layers and all your layers are fabulous.. Great coloring of the image and way to make Kelly proud with the buttons.

Terry Ladwig said...

This one is cute too!! Again, love all the layers and how you put it all together!!

Love it Tami ☺

Patty Gorka said...

This is adorable! And I love taken with teal...LOL Super cute card!

Gael said...

I love all the little layers and embellishments you used to make this adorable card!

~Paola~ said...

really sweet,adorable card...lots of awesome layers too..love your attention to details...♥