October 29, 2013

Calendar Girls - October

Hello Everyone!   The Calendar Girls from SCS are ready to show you some creativity.  We have a challenge from Barb this month.   She has thrown down a few challenges in conjunction with each other.  I had to go find my thinking cap!  I know I should be wearing it all the time, but it seems to have been put away lately!   LOL

Our challenge was to go to the Technique Lover Challenge Forum on SCS and choose a technique that has the number zero or one in the challenge number.  It needed to be a technique that we have never used.  An added element was to make anything, but a card.  For some extra credit we could go with a Halloween theme.

I chose to work with challenge TLC413, Focus on the Dies.  In the challenge, the die cuts are to be the focus with minimal stamping.  I was able to use six die cuts on this project. 

When DH and I were cruizin' through the channels this weekend, we saw a movie that went waaaayyy back.  Remember Ghostbusters?!  We watched a few minutes of it and laughed at how cool it was when we were kids.  You know, I had to go get the Ray Parker Jr. song.   I don't know what's more laughable, the archaic quality of this video or Ray Parker Jr. trying to be all suave singing this song!  I do know that we used to run around saying "I ain't afraid of no ghost" when this was popular, and I don't think my mom liked it when we would mimic the part "I can't hear you!" then claim we were just singing a song.

So, here is my Ghostbuster tag.   I had some miscellaneous Halloween items that I put together.   The background DP is so very old...like the '90's!  LOL  The tombstone name I. B. Dead makes me giggle.  I also like the little fussy cut ghosts...especially the little one in glasses!

Please be sure to see what other techniques the Calendar Girls used this month.  Their blog links are on the right sidebar.

........I can't hear you........


Card entered in the following challenge(s):  Make it Monday, Twisted Tuesday Challenges

9 comments:

Carol W said...

This is adorable Tami, I too love those little fussy cut ghosts. The is absolutely perfect for this challenge. Way to go...it is so much fun doing the challenges with you...love reading your blog posts...they make me smile and even giggle out loud...Great job.

loz said...

Gorgeous card and image. I spotted this on MIM..Loz

MiamiKel said...

How on earth did I miss this one? I just spied it on my blog feeder - well, glad I saw it now! It's a cutie!! What a charming line of paper and love that purty little ribbon - tis a cutie indeed!!!

Big hugs, my friend! x0x0

Terry Ladwig said...

What a great tag! I love the ghosts peaking out from behind and I.B. Dead is too funny!

I love this......but I wasn't into Ghostbusters......not sure why but I don't think I have even seen the whole movie!

Great job this month on the challenges Barb gave us!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tami, this is adorable! Love the little ghosts peeking out. Way sweet!

Your project fits Barb's "extra credit" challenge perfectly!

I'm so glad you're a Calendar Girl!

Vickie Y said...

Adorable images and tag. Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

Lizzie R said...

This is a perfect halloween Ghostbusters tag! That movie is one of my favourites! I love that little ghost with the glasses too! Kinda looks like Spengler from the movie! ;)
Great little tag. Made me smile! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

Darlene said...

"Who ya gonna call???" LOL
LOVE the tag, I agree, the little ghostie with glasses is too cute!

DS had Ghostbuster fever back in the day. His birthday party was Ghostbusters one year, had the PJs, a backpack, the whole deal, LOL.

dweatter said...

Well this is just spooktacular! Love all those happy lil ghost floating around.