January 26, 2015

Sssshhh, It's a Secret!

Don't tell anyone!   I had a smidgen of time and made my Valentine's Day cards.   I know....kinda like old times when I had projects done in advance. Ahhhh, the good 'ole days!  LOL   I am going to get back there!!!

I scaled back and made just six of this card.  I normally do not use them, but I had one of the cheap dollar clear stamp sets, that I picked up after the holiday last year for $.10.   I find they do stamp better with Memento ink, but still are not the most solid lines.  I do really like how you can position the clear stamps on the acrylic blocks, as the birds and the words are two separate stamps.

I had one sheet of this 12 x 12 paper from Carta Bella, Words of Love.   I normally use what I got, but I did not have much in the Valentine's arena.   I challenged myself to use one sheet at $.99.  I was able to make all six cards with one sheet!  I made the dimensions smaller and used the scrap pieces on the second side {polka dots} for an additional layer.

So, here are my $1.09, plus paper, cards!  That is $.18 each, plus paper.  My kinda price!


xoxo


Card entered in the following challenge(s):  Pile it On Challenges

3 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello there! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! I wanted to pop in for a visit! Your Valentine card is sweet - I love that gorgeous paper! The love birds are adorable!

Anna Jasiolek said...

Love how you made this background, it looks really interesting and cool. Thank you for joining our 'hearts and / or flowers' challenge at Pile It On and good luck in the draw!
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This is such a sweet card! Love those birds - and what a bargain!!!