June 21, 2018

Dueling Darlings - June

Okay, so I am about a week off.   Well maybe more is off than that!   LOL   I am just getting posted for the Dueling Darlings on SCS.

Carol, sent us a great assortment of rose images.  I just saw this image from Gina K and thought it looked like it went with the DP perfectly.

The image was crisp in lines and the black card stock a true black.  The DP was a bit more muted.  I took some gray chalk and rubbed the image to tone the white down some and did the same for the black card stock.  It helped them blend a bit better.  More so in person, than in picture.

Thanks to the DDD's for waiting for me.  I am excited that I can now go and check out their creations.   You know I have to wait until my card is completed to have the full experience!  LOL  You can see their work too.  Blog links are on the right side bar.


Have a great day!

6 comments:

Terry Ladwig said...

I love the black and white Tami! Looks like you did some fussy cutting of your own :-) Great job on the pretty card this month!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This black/white beauty is STUNNING! WOW! how creative!!!

Judy McMullen said...

Stunning black and white card, Tami! Love how you used the chalk. Great job!!

Carol W said...

Great job on your card Tami. I'm the same way as you...I need to have my card before I go looking...That way I don't have anyone else's awesome creations flow into my card. Everyone is so creative in this group. I love that you used the gray chalk to tone down the white and used a black and white theme throughout. You did an amazing job on this....

Barb said...

Tami--your black and white card is stunning! I love that you used chalk to mute the colors a bit. Great Card!

terry serman said...

Just seeing this now...love it! Very creative to go with the black/white combo and for adding the gray!