September 15, 2019

Dueling Darlings - September

Welcome to the Dueling Darlings from SCS, September duel.   September is baby safety month and the catalyst to our baby theme.  

Judy sent a kit that was just chock full of cuteness!   We were asked to make a baby card.  While there were dang cute girl papers, I have a boy gift to give next week, so went with more earth toned papers.  Perfect timing Judy, thanks!

In looking at the kit, there were stickers.  I like stickers, but never know what to do with them.   I kept coming back to the stickers and challenged myself to use them.  

So, since I was struggling with using a sticker, I thought why not throw a button in there too for good measure?!  Buttons throw me off as well as stickers.  Why do I do this to myself?!  LOL   The end result reminded me of some of the project kits that I have seen from Stampin' UP! 



Please be sure to visit the other Dueling Darlings.  Their blog links are on the right side bar.  You will for sure see some great baby cards.

 Enjoy September~

10 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh, how I love this adorable card!!! Perfect use of the Sept kit!!!

Donna said...

Adorable card! I love the fun border of baby onesies. Fun background. Your card is cute as a button!

Terry Ladwig said...

OK, so I really love this! It is so different than the rest of the cards I am seeing, and it's perfect for a boy or a girl! Great job!!

HeatherB said...

This is really cute!! Love it.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What an adorable, adorable card. I love the papers you went with and love your layout. Terrific work with you kit.

Barb said...

Outstanding! What a great card and a challenge for you to think outside of your comfort zone!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Well Tami, you may think you don't know what to do with stickers... and buttons may throw you off, as you say... but I would never know that by the looks of this card because it looks FABULOUS!

terry serman said...

Love this! The button is perfect.

Judy McMullen said...

Tami, your card is adorable! Love how you used the sticker and added the button as an accent to the sentiment!!

Carol W said...

This card is absolutely ADORABLE Tami. Great job with the kit.