April 15, 2020

Dueling Darlings - April

I hope this post finds you all doing well in these troubling times.

To help keep us busy this month, we have a card kit for the Dueling Darlings from SCS.  Suzy was the hostess for the Divas.  We received a true Texas kit.  Bluebonnets for everyone!  I bet they are as pretty to see as Suzy described.

The image is from Deadbeat Designs.  I colored it up and tried to use as much of the kit as I could.  When I saw it, I knew my personal challenge would be to use the doily. I am just not a doily kinda girl, I guess.  My grandma had doilies.  You know the hand stitched kind?  The kind that if you use them like a frisbee in the house they sail....so I have heard!  LOL



I cannot wait to see how all the others made their cards this month.  You can see too!  The blog links are on the right side bar.

Keep well~

9 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tami, your card is so pretty - so many great elements with the amazing coloring, too. I really like the bit of yellow around the image!

Suzy Sprague said...

Tami....your card is fantastic! You did a great job with the use of the daily! The colors just pop!

MiamiKel said...

Oh la la - we've got the Van Gogh of blue bells on your pint! These are some rich and vibrant colors and lovely job with your card design, too!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving your gorgeous card! Your coloring is beautiful, and love the layout- including the doily! My Grandma made them as well- doilies, and I have to say, they would be too floppy to use as a frisby : ) Too funny! Beautiful duel this month!

terry serman said...

Love the brightness of this card!

Carol W said...

Wow Tami I love your card. You did a great job with the doily. Your card is fun bright and well done. Great job

Darlene LeTavec said...

Well, no frisbee doilies here! LOL You did a good job using them - I like how they peek out behind every layer, and offset from each other. Nicely done!!

Barb said...

I love how you added the doilies--so pretty. Great colors and a fun card for sure! Stay Safe and Stay well my friend!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Tami, your card is so bright and vibrant..just what we need right now! Geat design incorporating the doily. Love it!!!