July 15, 2019

Dueling Darlings - July

Well, we had Halloween in June, now it is time for Christmas in July!  Join me with the Dueling Darlings from SCS for this month's duel.

Suzy sent the Divas fun stamped things from the Stampin' UP! set Christmas Lodge.  I loved the DP and the texture it had in the kit.  I wanted to feature the DP and the sentiment.  I had to trim up the sentiment to get a good fit.

I even drug out some older than dirt Stamping' UP! paper - ya know I've got some!  Forest Foliage and Ruby Red - yep!  Brought out the 'ole Cuttlebug to use an embossing folder, Branches, I think it was called.  For crying in a bucket, I can never remember the 'sandwiches' and have to use a cheat sheet, but I can tell you the market margin for avocados! Remember those chalks Stamping' UP! sold, like the original ones?  Well, I used them too.  Good thing they cannot dry out!

We were asked to share a Christmas recipe that we make.   I have a recipe that my dad loved, I guess it is good, but I have never tried it!  I would hold my nose making it - eeewww!  Everyone that tastes it likes it and wants the recipe, so maybe you do too!  I will list it below.

Please be sure to visit all of the Dueling Darlings.  Their blog URLs are on the right side bar.  Siri tells me it is 163 days until Christmas....better get goin'!



Sweet Potato Delight

3C Cooked, mashed, sweet potatoes
1 C Sugar
2 Eggs well beaten
1 Tsp Vanilla
1/4 C Milk
1/2 C Butter

Topping

1 C Brown sugar - packed
1/3 C All purpose flour
1 C Pecans - chopped
1/3 C Butter

Mix all ingredients together in mixer, except topping ingredients.  Pour into buttered casserole dish.

Mix toppings together in mixer and sprinkle over casserole to cover.  

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes


11 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tami, your card is very pretty with its blocks of papers and the great sentiment!

I'm glad you shared a recipe that your dad liked, that makes it special!

Terry Ladwig said...

Haha...market margin for avocados!! I really like how you used the sentiment as your main focus! Great card!!

Judy McMullen said...

Tami, your card is gorgeous! Love the embossed background panel and how you used the DSP in various sized panels to set off the sentiment! Thanks for sharing your recipe... My DH would love it!

Tracie said...

Beautiful card. I really like your layout. Your recipe sounds delicious. I am definitely going to try it.

terry serman said...

Love the design of your card. The texture and mix of papers is great!

Barb said...

Tami--your card is so pretty. I love the layout and the colors are just perfect. Now--back to your product!

Carol W said...

Holy Hanna Tami. I love your card. So rich and stunning. I think the recipe sounds great as well. Can't wait to try it. WELL DONE my friend WELL DONE..I always love to read your posts. ☺

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

WOWZA, Tami!! You're card truly rocks my world. The design layout is very eye catching.

Donna said...

Love the layers Tami. It highlights the sentiment perfectly! Great use of the designer paper. Love your card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I so love your card layout! Beautifully done!!! I so love the combo of DP's! Your sweet popato casserole sounds delicious!!!

HeatherB said...

This is a great use of all the papers! Lovely card.