November 18, 2019

Dueling Darlings - November

Owl the heck are you?!   We have an owl theme for our Dueling Darlings November card.  The girls from SCS are sending out the cute stuff.

Heather, sent us the cutest little owls from Taylored Expressions.   I used the die cut Hoot Hoot Hooray owls for my card.  I dug out my die cuts and embossing folders and of course read the sandwich directions - Why can I not remember them?!  LOL   Some paper scraps later, here is my card.  The photo caught odd light and looks wavy, but in person it is not.  This is not elementary school, so no picture re-takes.

Speaking of re-takes in elementary school, I had to do them one year.   I think it was like the second grade.  We were goin' all out and having school pics with a 'scene'.  You know, like the fake fence kinda thing.   I though I would be extra cute if I painted my fingernails to show on the fence, some girl in class had fingernail polish.  So, pictures come back a few weeks later, mom opens them, I have frosted pink little nails and got in a whole lotta trouble!  Re-takes, no fence!




Thanks for the cute kit, Heather.  I cannot wait to see what the other little owls look like this month.  You can see them too, the URLs are on the right sidebar.

Have a good day!


8 comments:

Donna said...

Adorable. I love your take on the owl theme. Love how the owls pop out of your die cut!

Terry Serman said...

Cute...love the die cut you used to highlight the owls!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tami, your card is adorable - and I'm sure your pretty fingernails were too. I'm giggling at your retakes story!

Suzy Sprague said...

Very cute card! The owls look adorable looking out of the die cut area.

Barb said...

Tami--this is a cutie. I love the embossed piece!

Carol W said...

0What a cute card Tami. I love how you highlighted your owls. Perfect card for the challenge.

HeatherB said...

Love this!!!

Terry Ladwig said...

Your coloring of the owls is awesome!! cute card and love how you used the wood grain embossing folder!