August 28, 2013

Calendar Girls - August

Paola, is our hostess for the August round of the Calendar Girls! 

We received a challenge for the summer weather....well kind of, if you want to cool off.  Our challenge was to create a card that contained the theme of snow, without holiday items. 

For lack of having snowmobile stamps/images, I went to the next best thing...a snowman!  I know, pretty creative!   LOL   I had this cute image that I received back in a swap, so thought I would use it for this card.

I wanted to use some non traditional 'holiday' colors.  I found some DP scraps with mittens and matched it to some scrap cardstock to create this card.  With the exception of the papers, all items were gifted to me by my great swapping friends.

There is SNOW much to see with the Calendar Girls creations {I couldn't help myself...tee...hee...hee} so please visit their blog links on the right sidebar.



9 comments:

Terry Ladwig said...

Cute card Tami! Love all of the layers and that snowman is really cute!

Great colors and embellies too!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tami, this card is sooooooooooooo cute! I love that snowman (I almost used one like it) and your card is colorful and fun! Lovely DP and the color scheme is delightful!

Barb said...

Great Card Tami--love the background paper and it fits the image and challenge completely.

~Paola~ said...

fun fun card indeed Tami! what a sweet snowman U used...(who makes it plz?)Lovely d/p as well...very cheerful card with a great layout palette thanks for being a Calendar Girl!♥♥

Linda said...

That is great background paper. Love your image and the bright colors.

MiamiKel said...

*Fab-u-lous!* Kudos for getting your card done with all that's going on - blessings to you! This is great!

Hugs, my friend!

dweatter said...

The snowman image is so cute. The way you colored the image with the use of gray is great since real snowmen are never completely white. Cute DP.

Judy McMullen said...

Hi Tami! Your snowman card is so fun! What a darling snowman image and so perfectly colored!! Love the mittens on the background, the ribbon treatment with the rhinestones in the center of the snowflakes, and the pretty pink twine...just lovely!!!

Gael said...

Such a cute image! I really like your dp and snowflake - is it ribbon?

Candy cane colored floss is a great accent as well