December 2, 2013

Crafters of Faith - November

Hello Everyone!

I hope that you had a great Thanksgiving holiday.  The last day of November is our posting day for Crafters of Faith on SCS. 

I am a tad bit late with my posting, I apologize.  I actually had my card started, but just was able to finish it. 

Darlene, was our hostess for November.  She asked us to create a card that reminded us of innocence of childhood. 

Since it was the harvest time of year, pumpkins came to mind.  It then brought me to when we used to carve pumpkins when I was little.  Now remember, my brother is several years older than I, so we were on much different deltas when it came to playing with knives.  Carving pumpkins meant that I could carve with knives.  Knives!  That was so not appropriate for my age.  My brother helped though.  My dad would scoop out the gick from the pumpkin as it creeped me out!  Of course it would ensue my brother chasing me with the gick and me screaming bloody murder between laughs. 

I went searching through my image files.  I found this cute image.  The bear reminded me of my childhood bear, Mooshy Belly Bear.  Okay, I still have him!!!  Albeit, he is stuffed in a bin in storage, but he is big boy.  You just wanna hug him if you see him! 

Since we are throwing back, I went with a DP that is way old.  Who knew that Bo Bunny was around in 2001!   That was the date on the back of this paper.   LOL  Talk about using what'cha got!

Please stop by the rest of the Crafter's blogs.  They are located on the right sidebar.  We have a few new members.  Welcome to them, and I cannot wait to see what they create.

 
Card entered in the following challenge(s):  Make it Monday

10 comments:

loz said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful image and coloring. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Pia S said...

Just wanted to say I loved reading your childhood story and I think you've made a wonderful, sweet card! The ribbon is so beautifully arranged and a really nice detail.
I came over from MIM.

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a cutie. I spotted you over on Make it Monday and came for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Sharon Madson said...

A perfect card with Darlene's theme and your story. Love the pumpkin paper. :)

Liz Williams said...

Darlene, this is such a sweet image and I love all those pumpkins repeating the pattern in the background.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a cute cute card!!! And your stories are always a hoot! Love reading your blog as well as admiring the pictures!

Barb said...

Tami--love the image that you used for your card this month. Love your story--you make me smile with them!

Debs M said...

love him - what a cutie x

Pat K said...

Adorable card, beautifully designed. So glad I stopped by on MIM. Pat K xx

Unknown said...

This is awesome, thank you for sharing over at MIM, Hugs Kerry DT xx