December 6, 2013

Thinking of You

We have the sweetest elderly couple that lives across the street.  He has Muscular Dystrophy, so cannot do a lot for their household.  We try to help when we can.  They have professional help that visits several times per week, but you know there is always something that needs to be done.   Like this week....our smoke alarm is chirping and it's 11:30pm.  I am leaving for dinner with my girlfriends and your garage door will not close, let me crawl in cute boots on your floor to try to fix it!  Why yes, I did just paint my nails in flash thinking they would dry on the drive to dinner!  LOL  I wouldn't have it any other way - I would want someone to help me out if I was to be in that situation, so it is not a big deal.

I was over this week and was so sad to find out that their beloved cat passed away.  I felt so bad for them.  They loved him very much. 

So, when I came home to send them a card, I found that since I have been so busy these past months, I really have depleted my small stash of cards.  Time to rebuild!  

I went totally retro.....super old Stampin' UP! set.  I really like this sentiment in the fact that it can encompass many situations and I like the layout with the font.  Then there is the DP.  It is one of my faves and I hate to see it go!  I had to laugh as it is vintage 2001 - just like the card earlier this week was - how odd is that?!   So, to rebuild, I made four of this card.



You know I like to listen to Pandora when I craft cards.  So, here I am in my office with Pandora One going.....turning it up a little more each song.  Then this song comes on, I start singing and then it hits me.  Really, I can't make this stuff up!   I mean I am creating sympathy cards here!  LOL  Then I watch this YouTube and only Freddie Mercury could be barefoot, wearing booty shorts and a trucker hat and you like it, with over 6 million views!  Did you know that Freddie had a four octave vocal range?

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Card entered in the following challenge(s):  Make it Monday

8 comments:

Barb said...

Tami-this card is so pretty. I too love both the image and the DSP!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous. I love those papers and your layout is super. I spotted you over on Make it Monday and popped over for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Darlene said...

Love it!! Great DP, layers and classic stamp!!

…Anybody find me somebody to love?…Beelzebub has a devil set aside for me…Any way the wind blows…Fat bottom girls you make the rockin world go round…

Thanks for the Freddie Mercury with my early morning coffee!!

Sharon Madson said...

It is a wonderful card. Great that you made more than one! :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This card is STUNNING, Tami!

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Tami .beautiful paper and sentiment .Combined to created a stunning card .
Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Jacquel said...

Your card is so very pretty...love the layout!

Carol W said...

I absolutely love this card Tami, That is awesome dsp...I would be sad too if it was my last...You are a beautiful person both inside and out..your neighbors are so lucky...