December 15, 2013

Dueling Darlings - December

It is mid holiday season and mid month!  That means it is time for the Dueling Darlings on SCS to post their creations!  You will love what they have done.  Their blog links are on the right sidebar. 

Our theme is a Christmas Story.  Kelly, is the hostess for the Divas this month.   She sent a  kit with so many cute things and two images to choose from!  So lucky!!!  Well, when I saw the chubby cheeks on this little angel from Inky Antics, I had to use this image.  There was plenty of supplies to make two of this card, so I did!  As usual, the Spica highlights did not photograph well!  LOL



We were asked to share a Christmas memory.  There are so many!  I will go with DH and my most recent flashback and conversation.   We had been discussing our first Christmas tree.  I think it was actually a tree top to be honest with you - that's what you get on the free tree day!  We finally got that tree up and it was precarious at best.  Oh, we were decked with a bunch of new ornaments and everything.  Pretty excited! Well, until I came home from work and found that our 'darling' kitten had knocked almost every ornament off the tree and smashed them to bits!   Shards of glass everywhere.  I do not know how she was not cut.  So, we had a half of a top of a tree with like a 255 inch base, but half ornaments too!  Then she friggin' knocked it down all the time.  We ended up securing it with fishing line.  What a cluster!  Funny now, but not so much then.  Oh, we have come a long way!

I hope you are enjoying the holiday season!

Card entered in the following challenge(s): Make it Monday

11 comments:

Judy McMullen said...

Hi Tami! Darling card. Love the layout and your beautifully colored angel Gabriel! That embossed panel is the perfect background and love the striped panel and the ribbon embellishment...Just lovely.
What a Christmas memory! I'm not sure I'd still have a kitten in my house that caused that much damage!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

This is adorable Tami!

I love how the ribbon was used on the left side with the eyelets.

We used to have to avoid putting christmas ornaments on the bottom of my parents tree as well. PK (Pretty Kitty) would bat them all off. Eventually we went to non breakables on the bottom of the tree so PK could do whatever he pleased with them :)

Merry Christmas! LJ

Barb said...

Tami--first, I love the new font you used for your post. My older (yes, Jeanette!) eyes had a hard time with the other one....... Thanks!

This card is so sweet--I love how you threaded the ribbon. Great Colors and a Sweet Layout too!

I love reading your stories and cannot wait for the book to be published.........

Thanks for being a Dueling Darling and have a Very Merry Christmas!

dweatter said...

Great card my friend. Love the layout and how you used the paper and ribbon together down the side. You always come up with things like that! I must start thinking as you do when creating. The story of your tree and kitten made me giggle. I can only image the mess. Hope the tree remains in one piece this year.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tami, your card is very pretty - and I must say I am in awe. I do not use eyelets - they frustrate me - and you did such a fantastic job with them!

I loved reading about your first tree, and will admit I even laughed at the antics of your cat. But I would be sad to have lost my first ornaments.

Carol W said...

What a great card Tami, it is so darn cute. You used your kit to perfection. I love your story as well. It brought back memories of our Christmas trees that were anchored to the walls to make them stand up as we were always one of the last families to the tree lot...I am so thankful we are divas and friends..Have a very blessed Christmas season...
Hugs,

Melina said...

Oh how pretty! I love how you used the eyelets! Wow! This is great Tami ;) What a story too! :)

MiamiKel said...

Oh Tami, what a gem! This is so bright and fun ~ I love that you chose Angel Gabriel (me, too!) You've colored it up to perfection!

Your kitty cat story is priceless :) I'm glad that the holidays are better now :) We had a tree fall when the girls were babes and we lost all their priceless Hallmark 'Year' ornaments - oh how I cried!

Blessings to you, so glad you are a Dueling Darling Diva!! Merry Christmas, my friend :) <3

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- the eyelets are a nice touch and love the ribbon thru the ones on the sides. Thanks for stopping by my blog and guess where I saw you? Yep- MIM

Unknown said...

Sweet little image. I love the dry embossed background and eyelets. Thanks for sharing it with us at MIM.

Hugs,
Rocio -DT

Darlene said...

What an adorable card! Love the layers and your layout. As Debbie said, I need to start thinking like you do when creating cards. Yours rock!

LOL about your first tree - although I can well imagine that it took a few years for it to be humorous for you!

I'm so blessed by the Dueling Darlings, and you are one of those blessings.