February 16, 2015

Card Kit Swap - Darlene

I was able to work on another card kit from the Card Kit Swap 2014 on SCS.  I am getting there on working through the kits!

Darlene, gifted me a music themed kit.  There were so many things in the kit to spoil me!  Thank you, Darlene.  The image is from Darlene's favorite designer D. Morgan.

Me + shimmer + photography = no bueno!  Here is another 'shining' example! The silver dry embossed paper Darlene sent is so pretty.   The black ribbon has a great little sparkle to it - not too much and catches the light perfectly.  I used a simple Spica pen to give some silver highlights to the music notes.   My goodness this was the best I could do on the picture.   I also remember receiving that little music brad in a kit along the way and had to dig it out to use it.

I have a friend that sings.  Not like us belting out random stuff when we are making cards together, like honest to Pete singing.   This card is address to go to her in the mail today.

The music notes reminded me of classical music.   Sssshhhh don't tell, but I listed to Pandora station Classical Piano Solo when I am working on spreadsheets and contracts.   Somehow Brick House doesn't apply for that task....now you want to listen to Brick House don't ya?  Here you go!  This is classic Commodores.  Check out Lionel on the sax! LOL

Hope you all have a great day!


5 comments:

Carol W said...

Wow. great card Tami!!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tami, this card is so classy... and shimmery looking, too! I love the music theme - Darlene chose well. And your clean lines look great here.

MiamiKel said...

You did great with shimmery and glitz and the musical theme = si Bueno! :) What a classic and elegant card - *bravo!*

Darlene said...

Oh yeah...You rocked this kit!! Absolutely love what you did with this! (and I am similarly challenged when photographing sparkle)

Barb said...

Great card and I love that stamp. I too have it and I am challenged when I use it!