April 15, 2015

Dueling Darlings - April

It is time for the April duel with the Dueling Darlings from SCS.   I am with the Diva girls and Melina is with the Dazzler girls.  It is our month to host the duel and we are excited for the cards we are about to see!

The theme for the month is "I picked a flower for you".  The challenge is to use a piece of green ribbon on your card somewhere.   Mine is located on the sentiment panel.

You know that I am into the 'use what'cha got' theme.   Well, I did see this little stamp on clearance for $2.00, so I thought it fitting for the challenge. Otherwise, It would have been a floral stamp and most of the floral stamps that I have are old school two step stamps or solid.

So, with my big $2.00 purchase, we have Lizzy Dressed from Great Impressions Stamps.  The sentiment is from Mary Engelbreit.  I had to add some DP, as I did not have enough multiple sheets for everyone for the theme.  Good thing that clearance sale had 4 for a $1.00 My Mind's Eye DP.   I basically rolled out for around $5.00 including tax.  Sweet!

I am looking forward to seeing what everyone has created for our April duel. You can see their creations too at the blog links on the right sidebar.

Thank you DD's, for making our group so much fun!





8 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WHAT!!?!?!? No song? You always give us a song to listen to. Did I miss seeing it?

That being said... WOW! Your card is so pretty! Love the bright cheerful colors, and that cool image. (What a bargain! Or, should I say "splurge" since you are into using what you have?)

Thank you for hosting this month's duel!

Melina said...

So cute! I love that image and the sentiment piece is adorable! I love all the bright colors. Great duel, dueling partner!!!! :)

kadie said...

Pretty great find for $2!
Your card is FABulous! Love the layout and the flower and the sentiment. Great minds think alike cause I colored this cutie in reddish too :) Thanks for the AWESOME kit, Tami! HUGS, kadie

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Beautiful card Tami!

I love how the background of the images are colored and not white. Also love the fantastic flower layering!

Carol W said...

First off...great kit Tami, thank you so much.I had a good time with this. I love how you colored your image and used the saying on the front as well. You did an amazing job on this card!!!woohoo...love it.

Barb said...

Great job this month, Ms. Tami! I love the stamp you picked and now that I read it only cost $2--you are awesome! And--then add bargain papers too and you have a perfect kit for us to use.

I love the layout of your card and the colors rock! Great job with the embellishments too!

~Paola~ said...

wowww...what a great card Tami!...awesome colors, coloring and
layering too...Awesome find for 2 bucks....yeahh!!♥

Judy McMullen said...

Tami, great card from an outstanding kit! I loved every single bit of the kit...Thank you! This image is adorable and love the bright fun way you colored it. Those papers and embellishments really enhance the bright, fun theme!
You really got your money's worth with all the elements in this kit! HUGS!!