January 15, 2018

Dueling Darlings - January

It's a new year and the start of the Dueling Darlings from SCS posting the 15th of each month. Happy New Year!  We have some new members in the Dueling Darlings group, joining the girls you have seen each month.  Be sure to check my blog side bar to visit their creations.  Should be a lot of fun!

LJ was the hostess for the Divas this month.  Our theme was to take a provided calendar image and add our own stamp to it, to make a 'new year' theme.  Thank you for the kit, LJ.

Well, I took it literally!  I had a new year stamp that I had never inked up, so I dug around my bin to find it.  It is one of those $1 - well, I think they are like a $1.50 now {inflation!}, stamps at Michaels, by Studio G.  It also gave me a chance to open that Stickles bottle I have had for years and never used!


2017 was a very long and heartbreaking year for me losing my dad.  I am looking forward to 2018 being a better year.  I hope it is for you all as well.

~ Happy New Year!

11 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tami, your calendar card turned out very nice! Lovely!!! I hope 2018 is kinder to you! (((HUGS)))

Tracie said...

Great New Years Card. Always fun to see what everyone is doing with the calendars.

MiamiKel said...

Wow, Tami- your card is just so elegant and stunning, a vision to behold! I do hope that 2018 is a wonderful year for you ♥

Donna said...

Loving your "new" additions, Tami. It's always great to use up some of the things you bought and hadn't used. I have a lot of that! Love that sparkly champagne bucket. Great card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh I just love using stamps that have not seen ink yet! I love your champagne bucket, and really love the gold stickles you added to it. Such a pretty group of DP for an elegant card!!!

terry serman said...

Love the gold ice bucket with this fab dsp! Great card!

Carol W said...

Wow look at you go Tami...my sweet friend. I love that you used a stamp that hadn't seen ink but I really love the use of the stickles...(hee hee). I bet you didn't see that coming. You did a wonderful job on the kit and making so much use of it. I know this year has been a struggle for you and am hoping that 2018 brings you the best of everything. Big hugs to you!!!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Hi sweetie. What a wonderful card, great job showcasing those gorgeous papers from the kit. Stickles, huh? Carol approves (and so do I). I was trying to find champagne glasses or a bottle image but came up with nothing, so went to Plan B. I like your better LOL
Here's to 2018 & better months ahead.
Peace my friend!

Barb said...

Tami--I love your card. You picked the perfect stamp to use and I love the layout! I really like how you added the tag--I did not. Love the Paper--yup, I loved it too!!!!!!! Here's to a great 2018!

Judy McMullen said...

Great card, Tami, celebrating the New Year! Love how you incorporated so many elements from the kit and love that great Happy New Year image!!!

Terry Andress said...

I love your card Tami! Perfect image to ring in the new year. I hope 2018 will be a better year for you.